Back

 

 

 

The School House

This building is the Ortell Cabin that was built by the Ortells on their homestead on Bear Creek in 1894. It was moved to the Shafer Museum site in 1994.

A school room, a small chapel area and a display of early pictures of the valley are all located in the School House.